SV: schemaLocation

From: Bryan Rasmussen <BRS@itst.dk>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:44:28 +0100
To: "Pete Cordell" <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>, "Mystra x64" <mystra_x64@fastmail.fm>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

>What would have been helpful I think is to either have predefined that 'xsi'

>is automatically known to all XML processors (without having to do an
>namespace declaration) or maybe even better, augment the xml namespace so
>that you could do:

> <stylesheet xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>            xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>            xml:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
>                                http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform.xsd
>                                http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
>                                http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.xsd">
>and:
>   xml:type
>   xml:nil

I believe that to be extemely politically unworkable solution.

The xml:schemaLocation I might agree if it was just
xml:validationLocations="namespace schemalocation namespace shemalocation"
but then this opens up problem with validation types not supported by various
processors.

xml:type and xml:nil I think, being validation specific concepts should not
be put into the xml namespace. I believe you would get all sorts of rants
from cranky smart people if you tried it.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen