Re: equivalent of "NOT NULL" in schema?

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:00:27 -0000
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, "Lev Lvovsky" <lists2@sonous.com>

I'm assuming that your using the NOT NULL in the SQL sense.  This maps to
schema's nillable feature.  In schema's case NOT NULL is the default.

I think xs:string (as a few variations of that) are the only types that you
have to worry about having zero length.  Therefore, it sounds like you need
to define a type of string that has minimum length one.  You may also need
to define a pattern for it so that strings such as single spaces are not
allowed.  For example:

    <xs:simpleType name="stringMin1">
        <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
            <xs:minLength value="1"/>