  _____

From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Swayam Vemuri -X (swvemuri - WIPRO at Cisco)
Sent: 12 March 2007 09:14
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Case senstivity in enumerated values in an XSD ignored in the XML
doc

Hi,

I encountered a strange observation, as explained below

I have below in my schema

<java:simpleType name="JavaDataType">

                        <java:restriction base="java:string">

                                    <java:enumeration value="boolean"/>

                                    <java:enumeration value="Boolean"/>

                                    <java:enumeration value="double"/>

                                    <java:enumeration value="Double"/>

                        </java:restriction>

</java:simpleType>

Now in my xml I see the below in drop down

boolean

Boolean1

double

Double2

Can any one pl explain this. I was under the impression whatever I give
within

Doublequotes, will be shown as it is. But here Iam seeing the values are
getting modified

How can I stop this!!

Thanks,

Swayam