From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Daniel.Dui@ubs.com
Sent: 23 January 2007 12:11
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Are two schemas different content models?

This topic probably has come up before, but here is my question.

I have two schemas (schema1 and schema2) and one namespace (ns). The
top-level elements in the schemas have the same name (topelem), but
different types (type1 and type2).

As far as I know the schema specs forbids having two elements with the same
name and different type in the same content model. To me, two schemas are
very different content models, but tools don't seem to think so.

For example XML Beans gives an error saying that if finds a duplicate global
element if I try to compile schema1 and schema2.

Can anyone shed some light?

Many thanks in advance

-daniel