RE: XML Schema Validation

libxml2 seems to be objecting to the fact that BaseTypes.xsd is included
more than once (into both RipostaMacroTypes.xsd and
RichiestaMacroTypes.xsd). The schema spec is pretty vague in this kind of
area, for reasonable reasons: if the two includes used different URIs, it
would be hard for the processor to work out that they were actually two
includes of the same file, and if they were different files, then they would
contain conflicting definitions. But I would have expected any reasonable
processor to allow this case. Raise it with the supplier.

As it happens, Saxon hits a different problem with this schema. It objects
incorrectly to

			<xs:enumeration value="3 ">

on line 1748 of BaseTypes.xsd, saying that it violates maxLength="1". (It
doesn't, in fact, because whiteSpace is set to collapse). Another bug bites
the dust.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/