From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of merryla martina
Sent: 02 January 2007 05:28
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Regarding XML schema validation (XSD)

Hi,

I tried to perform schema validation. The code works well. But when I tried
with the Sample txlife.xsd file from http://acord.org/ I got error in
associating the namespace with the xsd i.e. in the add () method. The add ()
method returned E_FALSE.

When I referred the MSDN library, it states that

"E_FAIL is returned if:

.          The collection is read-only

.          The document is not a recognized schema

.          An error occurs when compiling the schema

.          The ready state of the document is not 4. "

After referring MSDN library, I tried to catch the error description.

The error descriptions look like this

Undeclared XSD type: '{  <http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2>
http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2} ACORD_TYPE_CODE'.

So I referred the txlife.xsd schema, I found that ACORD_TYPE_CODE was
referred but not defined. After that I tried to view the site
http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2 for the definition of

ACORD_TYPE_CODE.I found "page not found " error.

Here I can't understand why this error description, which is highted above,
comes, as this xsd file is a standard one.

The sample txlife.xsd file starts like this

<xsd: schema targetNamespace="  <http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2>
http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2" xmlns="http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> " elementFormDefault="unqualified"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="2.9.00">

 Thanks
Merryla