Re: References to a value of an element in another element?

Greetings,
         Yes, I understand, but as i wrote earlier, in any schema language
syntax is it possible to specify the length of an element in reference to the
value of another element? Maybe in XSD 1.1 and Schematron (with obscure
features if i understand correctly), but is it the case in ASN.1 syntax? If
so what is the syntax?

The goal is to be able to represent clearly and cleanly all structured file
formats according to specific schema rules...

p.s: Thanks for all those that have answered!

Sicnerely
Carl
http://www.optimasc.com