Re: Maintaining a subset of a schema

Jack Lindsey wrote:
> Didn't Georgia Tech produce some sort of schema subtype
> building/verifying tool for the GJXDM monster?  Is it publicly available
> for use or cannibalization?

For our work on GJXDM and NIEM, our team created the "Subset Schema
Generation Tool" (SSGT), which works directly on a database
representation of the data model, and generates either the full schemas
or a subset.  It is specific to those efforts, and is not a general
schema tool.  The source is not available, but is free to use with NIEM
and GJXDM.

However, in early stanges, in the R&D phase, I prototyped it as
XSLT-based subset schema generation, which worked well, but was beyond
the skill set of our end-users.

Webb