RE: xml validation error

> I tried doing the following to remove the error

You've misunderstood (and what you've written is meaningless). You're trying
to use this type in a position where the system requires your type to be a
restriction of xs:unsignedShort, and no type that you define as a union will
ever be a restriction of xs:unsignedShort. Your only remedy is to define
your type without using a union. You could do this for example by defining
it with a pattern:

xs:pattern value="0|5|10|15|20|25|[3-9]\d|\d{3,5}"

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/