RE: [ANN] XSDBench XML Schema Benchmark 1.0.0 released

Yes, but you can't measure performance of a product with only one test case.

For example, many schema validators are likely to have an elapsed time for
validation of something like (aX + c) where X is the document size. If
you're only measuring one 12K instance, then dividing the processing time by
X doesn't give any useful measure of throughput because you don't know what
"c" is.

If you're trying to prove that your product is the fastest, then you need to
produce something a bit more convincing; and if you're trying to provide a
tool that's useful to the community, then it needs to do a more thorough
analysis.

(Though I can't complain, because this one test did find a bug in my product
which none of the 3000 test cases in the W3C test suite had shown up!)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/