Re: Duplicate attribute uses (Xerces bug?)

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 15:00 +0300, George Cristian Bina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#ct-props-correct
> 4 Two distinct attribute declarations in the {attribute uses} must not
> have identical {name}s and {target namespace}s.

Yes, but in
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Attribute_Declaration_details

we have
"if the <attribute> element information item has <complexType> or
<attributeGroup> as an ancestor and the ref [attribute] is absent, it
corresponds to an attribute use with properties as follows (unless
use='prohibited', in which case the item corresponds to nothing at
all):"

Prohibiting an attribute use does not create an attribute use, thus
we don't have duplicate attribute uses at the component level here.

But I'm not sure if it was intended to rule out duplicates at the
XML representation level as well.

Regards,

Kasimier