Re: Schema styles...

On Sep 8, 2005, at 3:19 AM, Gary Maltzen wrote:
> When defining a Schema it seems to me that most of the context is in
> the XML-Schema namespace, so I keep wondering why there seems to be a
> preference for qualifying the XML-Schema namespace rather than the
> defined namespace.
> Is there some significant difference in the result?

The only technical reason is in defining a schema with no namespace. In
that case, you must use a prefix for the XML Schema namespace so
unprefixed references like type="MyType" don't resolve to the XML
Schema namespace.

Since the explicit namespace prefix style covers 100% of the cases and
the default namespace style covers *only* 99%, many prefer using the
former style as a best practice.

xan