Re: [xml-dev] Relaunched and expanded XML Schema Test Collection

The following is our announcement of the XBinder schema compiler from
earlier this year.  Can you please add this to XML schema product listings?

We look forward to trying out the new schema test collection.

Regards,

Ed Day
Objective Systems, Inc.
http://www.obj-sys.com

***

We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.1 of the XBinder XML
schema to C/C++ data binding compiler.  A free evaluation version can be
downloaded from http://www.obj-sys.com/xbdownloads.shtml.

XBinder is a C/C++ data binding framework that is similar to Java
applications such as JAXB or Castor.  It generates structures and/or
classes that are equivalent to the types defined within an XML schema.
It also generates encoders, decoders, and validation functions/methods
that operate on variables of these structures making it possible to
serialize program data to and from XML.

The following new features have been added:

- Addition of C/C++ Validation Code Generation.

- Numeric Date/Time Types.

- Control over floating point decimal formats using patterns and
  configuration settings.

- Fault tolerant decoding in which decoding will not fail if the
  input data does not match the schema exactly.

- Support for XSD substitution groups.

- Capability for generating fragment encoders.

- Elimination of the use of C++ exceptions to allow porting to
  environments that do not support exceptions.

- Addition of a new, cross-platform GUI wizard.

In addition, many bugs were fixed that dealt with compilation errors
and omissions for subtle, hard-to-detect schema items.  Extensive
profiling was also done on the SAX handlers generated for decoding
and validation and we were able to improve performance by about 50%
to 100% on average in this area.

More information and free evaluation downloads of the product are
available from our web-site: www.obj-sys.com or you can E-mail us
at info@obj-sys.com.

The Objective Systems Team