Re: Date validation problem in XSV and related question

spin0785" writes:

> I am getting a validator crash in XSV when checking the following instance:
>
> <date>2005-01-01-02:00</date>
>
> with the following schema:
>
> <xs:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>  <xs:element name="date" type="date"/>
>  <xs:simpleType name="date">
>   <xs:restriction base="xs:date">
>    <xs:minInclusive value="2005-01-01"/>
>   </xs:restriction>
>  </xs:simpleType>
> </xs:schema>

Sorry, bug -- will fix in next release.

> Besides this problem I have a question:
>
> According to the W3C spec the dates are compared but since one of them
> has no timezone then it is not possible to determinate if the date in
> the instance is chronologically equal or greater.

The REC provides detailed instructions for this case [1].  XSV does
not however implement date (or dateTime) comparison at this level of
detail.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime-order
                     Half-time member of W3C Team