Re: Versioning of XML Schema and namespaces

At 04:32 PM 5/11/2005, Fraser Crichton wrote:
>So for example I create a messaging schema which incorporates components
>from several published OASIS schemas, without versioning info in the
>namespaces of the incorporated schemas it would be difficult for receivers
>of my messages to work out what version of the public schemas I had
>intended they validate against. Does that make sense?

That's my reason for using the namespace with a version.

I understand all the stated reasons for not doing this, but out of the box
there is nothing else that will consistently and automatically trip up
validation if I don't have the "right" file being used to validate my
documents.

..dan
Danny Vint

Specializing in Panoramic Images of California and the West
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 510-522-4703