Re: chairs' summary of XML Schema User Experiences workshop

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 02:34:58PM -0700, Michael Champion wrote:
> [...]

  I wasn't present, I have read the minutes and the chairs' summary. I'm
surprized there wasn't much more minuted about the Test Suite discussion,
was the interest really low, or just that the right persons to discuss it
were not in the room ?
  We have been struggling as implementors with the spec, the Test Suite
is hence critically important to us, but it seems the amount of energy to
fix problems reported in the suite is very low at least I didn't see any
public reply to Kasimier's comments except that it would be forwarded to
a task force:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-schema-testsuite/2005Jun/thread.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-schema-testsuite/2005Jun/0002.html

 I strongly support Michael's (Champion) position of finishing the 1.0
work first, by publishing erratas and fixing the issues in the Test Suite,
and only once done invest time and workforces into producing a new version
of the specification.
 Yes I know, it's really not fun work, but it is IMHO what is needed at
this point,

   thanks,

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/