Re: not a complete functional mapping - help

"Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com> writes:

>> You are right, XSV reports no errors. But my authoring system
>> uses Xerces.
>> Is there any workaround to this problem?
>
> You might like to try using Saxon for the schema validation: since Saxon 8.2
> it supports the JAXP schema validation API, so in many respects it is
> interchangeable.
>
> (However, I do recognize that using a schema that's invalid according to the
> letter of the XML schema spec is not something one should do lightly).

Agreed.  In this connection, it's worth noting that the W3C XML Schema
WG has said a primary goal for XML Schema 1.1 is to move the normative
definition of restriction as close as possible to the spirit of the
definition in 1.0, i.e. what Saxon and XSV support today. . .

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk