Re: implementing redefinitions

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 16:00 +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> Thanks for this clear and succinct statement of the situation, which I
> think the XML Schema WG should take into consideration as it tries to
> clarify the whole schema composition story for XML Schema 1.1.

[...]

Is there an effort scheduled to clarify redefinitions for XML Schema
1.0 as well?

I'm currently unsure if the fact that nobody clarified the test
results yet (which you can find at the beginning of this thread),
means that the people who actually can comment this issue
are still on holiday or at meetings, or if this means that they will
not comment it, for whatever reasons. Please let me know if and how
this issue was noticed by the WG. I don't intend to apply any
pressure, but need to know if it is reasonable to suspend the
implementation of redefinitions on my side, in order to try to
find out what a schema processor _should_ do here.

What to do if the WG will not clarify the problems I see with
redefinitions? Are implementations then free to implement it
in a way they think is suitable? Does this mean that we
have another official area of implementation-dependant behaviour
here?

Regards,

Kasimier