RE: Who tests UPA?

From: Xan Gregg <Xan.Gregg@jmp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:13:59 -0400
To: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

>> (I take it if
>> I tried the MS validator, the license would prevent me from
>> reporting the results anyway!)

>What license?

I don't have firsthand knowledge of such licenses; just relying on
reports of clauses such as the following:

       * You may not disclose the results of any benchmark test
       of the .NET Framework component of the OS Components to
       any third party without Microsoft's prior written approval.

I thought there was also discussion about problems reporting
results from the XML Schema Test Suite because of such clauses,
but I can't find any record of it in a quick search of the archive.

Sorry if I'm propagating unfounded or outdated concerns.

xan