RE: Including Chameleon Schemas

The answer is in clause 3.2 under "Schema Representation Constraint:
Inclusion Constraints and Semantics":

-----------------------
3.2 [...] the schema corresponding to the <include>d item's parent <schema>
must include not only definitions or declarations corresponding to the
appropriate members of its own [children], but also components identical to
all the ·schema components· of I, except that anywhere the ·absent· target
namespace name would have appeared, the ·actual value· of the
targetNamespace [attribute] of SII’ is used. In particular, it replaces
·absent· in the following places:

3.2.1 The {target namespace} of named schema components, both at the top
level and (in the case of nested type definitions and nested attribute and
element declarations whose code was qualified) nested within definitions;

3.2.2 The {namespace constraint} of a wildcard, whether negated or not;
-----------------------

> , or that references to these definitions and
> declarations in the
> <include>d schema document also change to reference the new
> namespace?

The references you mention are a characteristic of the XML representation of
the Schema.  In the language of "schema components" used all over the Rec,
there are no "references" - schema components have properties, and a
property of a schema component can be a schema component.

See, for example:

--------------------
3.8.1 The Model Group Schema Component

The model group schema component has the following properties:

Schema Component: Model Group

{compositor}   One of all, choice or sequence.
{particles}   A list of particles
{annotation}   Optional. An annotation.

Here, the "particles" property is a list of particles, which are schema
components.  The text does not say that the model group schema component
contains references to particles.

Alessandro Triglia
OSS Nokalva