Re: Question on xmlschema-test-collection

Bob Morgan <morgan@datapower.com> writes:

> I was looking at the schema test collection and have a question about
> several of the tests. Since it boils down to a single question I will
> ask about one of the tests: idc_lanuage_Name, which tests the 'key'
> and 'keyref' facilities.
>
> It seems to be a simple test which by observation should pass. The
> originators of the tests and the microsoft validator says that the
> test fails. The other validators say that it passes. My question is:
> what language rules mandates failure or why does it fail.

There was perhaps some lack of clarity in the spec. as published about
equality of values from different types.  The revised edition [1]
includes clarifying text on this matter:

  "if datatypes T' and T'' are ·derived· by ·restriction· from a
  common atomic ancestor T then the ·value space·s of T' and T'' may
  overlap. Values in the ·value space·s of T' and T'' can be compared
  according to the above rules"

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/PER-xmlschema-2-20040318/#equal
                     Half-time member of W3C Team