Re: Derivation by restriction from complexType/simpleContent

Hi Simon,

 > 1. Is the "double" simpleContent preserved or not?

Yes, that is the {content type} property.
See
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#declare-type
3.4.2 XML Representation of Complex Type Definitions
Complex Type Definition with simple content Schema Component
{content type}

The {content type} for MeasureType is double:
***
4 otherwise (the type definition ·resolved· to by the ·actual value· of
the base [attribute] is a simple type definition and the <extension>
alternative is chosen), then that simple type definition.
***
And so it is the content type for LenghtType:
***
1 If the type definition ·resolved· to by the ·actual value· of the base
[attribute] is a complex type definition whose own {content type} is a
simple type definition and the <restriction> alternative is chosen, then
starting from either
1.1 the simple type definition corresponding to the <simpleType> among
the [children] of <restriction> if there is one;
1.2 otherwise (<restriction> has no <simpleType> among its [children]),
the simple type definition which is the {content type} of the type
definition ·resolved· to by the ·actual value· of the base [attribute]
a simple type definition which restricts the simple type definition
identified in clause 1.1 or clause 1.2 with a set of facet components
corresponding to the appropriate element information items among the
<restriction>'s [children] (i.e. those which specify facets, if any), as
defined in Simple Type Restriction (Facets) (§3.14.6);
***

 > 2. Is there any way I can restrict the value of uom?

<complexType name="LengthType">
     <simpleContent>
         <restriction base="gml:MeasureType">
             <attribute name="uom" use="required">