Re: XS expressivity problem

Again, thanks. Especially for the links.

It seems, however, that making normatives on such constraints optional
creates in real life such DTDs. Worse, they may be controlled by higher
authorities. The excerpt I gave is indeed from a real DTD, given to us by
our contractor.
Unfortunately leaving up to tool implementors whether to check such rules
leaves plenty of space for errors. And the holes show up later, when the
documents have to be interpreted by turing machines, costs are too big to
remedy the situtation etc. etc.... But this is not the place for flame wars,
right? :)

Humbly yours,

Cipi

P.S. I just noticed the .ro suffix on your e-mail address... well, best
regards from Timisoara :)