Re: Fixed values with element-only content

"Michael Kay" <mhk@mhk.me.uk> writes:

>> > Am I right in thinking that if a non-empty fixed value is defined
>> > for an element with element-only content, then (a) the schema is
>> > valid
>>
>> No -- this is ruled out in clause 2 of Schema Component Constraint:
>> Element Declaration Properties Correct, which, via Schema Component
>> Constraint: Element Default Valid (Immediate) requires simple or
>> emptiable mixed content for the type of the element.
>
> It would be helpful if SCC Element Default Valid (Immediate) made it clear
> that it applies to the fixed value as well as the default value.

Yes, this could certainly be worded more clearly -- either the word
'default' should be removed from Schema Component Constraint: Element
Default Valid (Immediate), or *valid* should be changed to *valid as a
default value* in its invocation in clause 2 of Schema Component Constraint:
Element Declaration Properties Correct.

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk