Re: regular expression in XML Schema

Dear Lizet,

Thank again you for your help!

I'll repeat your replies and react on that:

   * Are you trying to match this middle character  on your text as well?

          All I want is to allow any program to easily detect where the identifier stops and
the suffix starts.
          For example you might see an identifier like
FLUOR__HAA__P3712-05__ME00__40293u0d·ME14
          that stops at 40283u0d. Then we get the suffix ME14, and in between some kind of
weird character
          that almost certainly is never used in an identifier (alternatives are welcome!)

   * I should read the first email of the thread but what text are you trying to match?

          The question was whether the requirement of a middle dot in the expression
          ([a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]*__)*[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-]+(·[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-]+)?
          was properly expressed

   * escape the dot, ie <Pena\.Lizet> will match Pena.Lizet

          That's not the point, the difficulty is in the fact that it is not a simple dot
(period),
          but a Unicode #x00B7 middle dot (or any other allowable Unicode character, for
that matter)

   * It works with plain text.

          The point is: If Unicode characters are allowable, how then do you enter them in a

          fill-in-the-blanks XML document? (See my reply to Jeni Tennison)

Regards,
Hans