RE: Meaning of error in MSXML

You cannot have both a type attribute and an embedded complex type on an element declaration.

________________________________

From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org on behalf of chris@publicbar.com
Sent: Wed 9/24/2003 4:51 PM
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Meaning of error in MSXML

Hello,

Below is the error I get, I know its telling me that the type cannot be
simpleType or complexType.
But I don't understand why, I am obviously missing something.

./PRPA_MT101001.xsd#/schema[1]/complexType[position() = 1 and @name =
'PRPA_MT101001.IdentifiedPerson']/sequenc
e[1]/element[position() = 7 and @name = 'assigningOrganization']
'type' cannot be present with either 'simpleType' or 'complexType'.

Inside PRPA_MT101001.xsd i have:
<xs:complexType name="PRPA_MT101001.IdentifiedPerson">

<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="effectiveTime" type="IVL_TS" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="identifiedPerson" type="PRPA_MT101001.Person"
minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="assigningOrganization" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"
nillable="true" type="COCT_MT150002.Organization"> <----*** problem

<xs:complexType>

<</xs:complexType>

PRPA_MT101001.xsd  includes COCT_MT150002.xsd which defines
COCT_MT150002.Organization

EG:

<xs:complexType name="COCT_MT150002.Organization">

<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="id" type="II" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

<xs:element name="code" type="CE" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">

etc.....

effectiveTime and identifiedPerson doesn't seem to cause an error. Any tips
appreciated,

Thanks,

Chris.

IMPORTANT:

This email transmission is intended for the exclusive use of
the person, organisation, or corporation to which it is addressed,
and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.
If the reader of this email transmission is not the intended
email transmission to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, distribution (forwarding) or copying of this
email transmission is prohibited and that the contents must be kept
strictly confidential.

If you have received this email transmission in error, kindly notify us
immediately by return email or telephone and delete email immediately.

Thank you.