RE: Appendix F regular expression (malformed XmlCharRef)

this is a known problem and I thought there was already an erratum on this...but I see that the proposed errata text has never been approved by the WG...we'll get to it soon.

> b.  Suppose a malformed XmlCharRef appears in a charRange
> (e.g. &-#-1-2-x-semicolon instead of &-#-1-2-3-semicolon).
> Since neither "&" (nor "#" nor ";") are meta-characters, this
> seems to imply that the sequence should be interpreted as six
> ordinary XmlChar instead of causing an error ("Malformed
> XmlCharRef in regular expression at line ...").
> Is this interpretation correct ?

No, that interp is not correct.  The reason is that:

	<x>&#12x;</x>

is not well-formed.

pvb