Re: Importing XMLSchema.xsd

"Simon Cox" <Simon.Cox@csiro.au> writes:

> Re: Importing XMLSchema.xsdYes - WXS components are all available in
> a schema without having to <import>.
>
> And as you point out, a simpleType can appear in an instance, as the
> value of an xsi:type.
>
> But the goal is to be able to have type *definitions* (in
> particular, restictions of the simple types) appear in an *instance*
> document.
>
> For example, I'd like to be able to indicate to the processor at run
> time, **in the instance**, that (for example) we have a numeric
> range.  So rather than inventing a new mini-schema language, I'd
> like to use WXS components, for example:
>
> <xs:simpleType ... >
>   <xs:restriction base="xs:double">
>     <xs:minInclusive value="45.7e9"/>
>     <xs:maxInclusive value="467.2e9"/>
>   </xs:restriction>
> </xs:simpleType>
>
> I thought in this case it needed us to <import> the S4S into the
> schema that validates the instance.

I think I understand your scenario -- it would appear to be the case
that different implementations treat the sForS specially in different
ways, which is unfortunate but not I guess surprising.

What happens if you include references to e.g. xsd:simpleType in the
schema document for _your_ namespace _without_ an import?

                      Half-time member of W3C Team