Re: combining enumeration and pattern

From: Simon Cox <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:42:20 +0800
To: "Jeni Tennison" <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, "Clemens Portele" <portele@interactive-instruments.de>

Re: combining enumeration and pattern----- Original Message -----
From: Jeni Tennison
To: Cox, Simon (E&M, Kensington)
Subject: Re: combining enumeration and pattern

[SC] If yes, is it still OK if the pattern used for a restiction of
 simpleContent in a complexType definition.

[JT] I'm not sure what you're asking here. You can use the pattern facet
however the simple type that you're defining is used.

[SC] Yeah - but you can't use a union to extend the simpleContent of a
complexType.
I wanted to OR the facets to accomplish what I needed via a restriction in
this case ;-(

Simon Cox