Architectural-form like validation with schemas?

From: Helka Folch <hfolch@free.fr>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 15:48:11 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hello,
I need to validate documents with respect to multiple models; each model
provides a partial description or view of a document instance; I guess
archtiectural form validation (with meta-dtds) is what I need, but I am
unaware of the status of architectural forms, whether they  are still
widely used or considered a lost art.
Can you recommend me whether it's a good idea to use architectural forms
today, or whether they have been superseded by some other mechanism
developed in the schema community? Is there any namespace aware
validating parser that can validate a document with respect to several
schemas?

Many thanks,

Helka F.