Re: Extension and all-group

Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> This question was raised at news:microsoft.public.dotnet.xml newsgroup
> -
>
> is the following schema valid? .NET gives errors, while XML Spy and
> W3C validator say okay.

The schema is not valid.  The derived type violates the requirement
that the only place an 'all' group can appear is all alone as the only
group in a type.  XSV should check for this, but doesn't [1]:

 "<all> groups are [not] properly constrained as to how they appear in schemas"

ht

[1] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html
                      Half-time member of W3C Team