Re: FW: Problem with processContents="lax" in MSV

Sorry for delayed reply.

Goldner Zvi <Zvi_Goldner@icomverse.com> writes:

> I am using MSV in order to validate XMLs, but I am facing a problem with the
> lax processing.
> It seems like the lax is working fine with undeclared elements (it does not
> validates elements which are not specified in the XSD), but it throws
> validation error on undeclared elements, which contain attributes. This kind
> of behavior does not happen in other validation tools (such as "XmlSpy" has,
> for instance).
>
> The XSD looks like:
> <xs:schema xmlns:xs=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> " elementFormDefault="unqualified"
> attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
>
>         <xs:element name="Root">
>                 <xs:complexType>
>                         <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
>                                 <xs:any processContents="lax"
> maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>                         </xs:sequence>
>                 </xs:complexType>
>         </xs:element>
>         <xs:element name="InnerElement" type="xs:boolean"/>
> </xs:schema>
> The XML looks like:
> <Root xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance> "
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="C:\temp\lax.xsd">
>         <InnerElement>true</InnerElement>
>         <UnDefineElement attr1="1"/>
> </Root>
> The error tells about "unexpected attribute 'attr1'".
> Is it a bug?

I believe this is a bug -- it validates as correct in XSV, with the
following extra information if you enable warnings:

  allowing {None}:InnerElement because it matched wildcard(##any),
  validating it against boolean

  allowing {None}:UnDefineElement because it matched wildcard(##any),
  validating it laxly