Re: IDREFS types in schemas

Dear Henry,

On Dec. 4th 2002 a person of the Altova (=Spy) helpdesk wrote me:

QUOTE

ID/IDREF datatypes are  present in XML Schema only for compatibility reasons with
respect to DTDs. They should NOT be used under normal
circumstances, except when the goal is to model behavior of an existing DTD.
Specifically they should NEVER be used together with key/keyref as
this will create total confusion, because now you have two separate mechanisms
trying to do the same thing mixed together with weird
consequences.

UNQUOTE

I do not sense that from your reply below. What is the official party line?

Regards,
Hans