Re: view xml-schema with svg

In a message dated 29/10/2002 12:13:04 GMT Standard Time, paul@hr-xml.org
writes:

> As one who created SVG from XDR schemas (prior to final XSD rec of course),
> it is a daunting task.  One of the great arguments for schema was that it
> was parsable and styleable.  But given the complexity of the final rec,
> there just aren't scads of xslts for xsd.  In my own hunting, I managed to
> come up with about 3 - one of which is my own concoction.
>
> Building an SVG engine would be great for people like me who are constantly
> looking for new and better ways to communicate the data model to domain
> experts (who don't care to know about xml and shouldn't have to).  An
> education tool more than a schema design tool.

Paul,

The communication uses of SVG haven't yet been explored beyond the surface
layer, in my view. I did, at one point, play with using SVG to teach about
SVG, but became a little fed up with all the escaping of angled brackets that
was needed. :)

I know there are a few people on the SVG-Developers list who are particularly
interested in the use of SVG as a communication tool. But I don't know how
far they have progressed at the present time.

If your group does begin to use SVG as a communication tool I am sure that
many on the SVG-Developers list would be interested to see the results.

http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SVG-Developers

There are about 3,000 SVG developers on the list so you might want to ask if
anyone is making progress on that type of use of SVG.

Andrew Watt
Lead Author, SVG Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672324296/ref%3DNOSIM/edititwriteco-20

/002-1471006-3163232