Re: "xs:all" with minOccurs="0" and maxOccurs="unbounded"

I think <xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> means the choice
structure may occur more than once. In your example

> <struct>
>   <struct>
>     <field/>
>   </struct>
>   <field/>
>   <field/>
> </struct>

you have three occurences of the structure choice. First, the "struct"
element has been *chosen*, then, "field", and last, "field" again.

Now, instead of writing
     <element ref="struct">
     <element ref="field">
</xs:choice>

if I had written
     <element ref="struct" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
     <element ref="field" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
</xs:choice>

You would have many other possible combinations. In your example it
could be three occurences of the structure choice, as before, or it
could be two occurences of the structure. First one with one "struct"
element and the second with two "field" elements.

That's the way I understand the spec.

André Saúde

> I got the impression it was for choosing either-or, but not both...

     <element ref="struct">
     <element ref="field">
</xs:choice>