Re: incorrect schema validation with xsv - bugs?

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 21:24, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> "Claudia Betz-Haubold" <cbetz@skyva.com> writes:
>
> > > I) validation doesn't work correctly if you restrict a decimal
> > > with respect to fractionDigits:  validation does not return an
> > > error, even if the number of digits is not 2
>
> As the status page [1] makes clear, XSV does not implement most of the
> semantics of the simple types -- sorry.  The next release will cover
> more, but still not everything.

You might like to take a look at
http://tools.decisionsoft.com/schemaValidate.html

We have put up an on-line schema validation service based on Xerces-J
1.4.3 and Xerces-J 2.  Both versions will pick up this error, although
Xerces-J 1.4.3 will give a more helpful error message.

> > > II) validation doesn't work correctly if you use default/fixed on
> > > an attribute but the value entered does not match the type:

They get that one too.  Schema validation in the various Xerces parsers
(Xerces-J 1&2, and Xerces-C) is pretty complete these days, although we
still use a combination of XSV, Xerces, and, for testing schemas
themselves, IBM's sqc.

We are currently working on adding Xerces-C support to the on-line
service, and improving the error reporting.

cheers,

Paul
--
Paul Warren, Client Services           DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192                        http://www.decisionsoft.com