Re: Selector and Field XPaths (for Schema 1.1)

About 1:

I agree that the BNFs allow '.' and '//'. But the XPath
"self::node()/descendant-or-self::node()" is not covered by the wording in the spec.

The exact wording is:

"2.2 It must be an XPath expression involving the child axis whose
abbreviated form is as given above."

for selector XPaths and

"2.2 It must be an XPath expression involving the child and/or attribute
axes whose abbreviated form is as given above."

for the field XPaths. These wordings should also mention the self and the
descendant-or-self axes.

About 2 and 3:

I thought it would be better to align the XPaths used in XMLSchema as much
as possible with the XPath 1.0 specification without increasing implementation
complexities too much and still fullfilling the requirement that only
descendants and their attributes are accessed.

--Stefan