Re: Question on equality of lists

Stefan Wachter <Stefan.Wachter@gmx.de> writes:

> When a list valued element or attribute is used as a key then the equality
> of the values is important. In the following example there are 3 lists with
> item types "Name", "double", "nameOrDouble":
>
> <simpleType name="l1">
>   <list itemType="Name"/>
> </simpleType>
>
> <simpleType name="l2">
>   <list itemType="double"/>
> </simpleType>
>
> <simpleType name="l3">
>   <list itemType="tns:nameOrDouble"/>
> </simpleType>
>
> <simpleType name="nameOrDouble">
>   <union memberTypes="Name double"/>
> </simpleType>
>
> Are these lists equal?
>
> 1. Items types of lists are different but item types of items are equal:
> 2.0</element>

I think not, but this is certainly an area we should look at and
possibly clean up and/or change for 1.1.

> 2. Item types of lists are different but there are no items.
> <element xsi:type="l1"/> = <element xsi:type="l2"/>

Again, not.

> What are the exact rules for comparing lists? Thanks for your attention,

Not sure :-(.  The reason for my 'no' answers above is the general
rule-of-thumb that for schema-validation purposes two values must have
the same or related-by-derivation types to be _able_ to compare as
equal.