Re: redefine and multiple includes

ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) writes:

> I've just implemented it, and it's happy with your schema and the
> obvious instance.  Will release later today/tomorrow.

Now released, to CVS, in online webform version and downloadable exe.

This reduces to four the number of unimplemented aspects of the
Structures part of W3C XML Schema in XSV:

 1) All groups aren't properly checked or enforced;
 2) ID/IDREF isn't checked;
 3) Identity constraints are compared as strings, not values;
 4) All numeric exponents >100 are treated as 100.

The first two are straight-forward but tedious -- SMOP.

The third is hard, as it requires implementing lexical->value space
conversion which is not always obvious.

The fourth will never happen, it makes denial of service attacks too
easy.

From Datatypes, a lot of simple type enforcement is still missing, and
will probably stay that way. . .

There will soon be an erratum moving responsibility for enforcing
ENTITY and ENTITIES to Structures, at which point the above count will
rise to five :-(