RE: Standard Educational or Financial Schema?

Not sure what you're looking for re: educational; there are  at least 3
different educational standards in various stages of development for
training, assessment and testing, two of which support XML: SCORM and IMS.
The third that I'm aware of is AICC - I don't know whether or not they have
XML in their plans.

Mary McRae

Director, XML Solutions
DMSi