RE: Original Choice (was RE: Choice)

below...

-----Original Message-----
From: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk [mailto:ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk]

> The second says
> choose (any number of times) between a required c1 or a required c2
>So you're allowed nothing, or c1, or c2, or c1c1, or c1c2, or c2c1,
>  or c2c2, or . . .

The piece that's confusing is that c1 and c2 are required elements, yet I
could just have c1 and it would validate. Isn't c2 required? The way you
interpreted seems like you're just ignoring the occurs attributes of the
particles within the choice

>Perhaps converting to DTD notation would help?
> The first is (c1?|c2?)
> The second is (c1|c2)*
> Your earlier example was (c1*|c2*)

I'm not extremely fluent in DTDs, but does (c1|c2)* allow for nothing? I
thought that was c1 or c2, one to many times.

Thanks.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.