 From: Rainer Becker [mailto:r.becker@Nitro-Software.com]
 Sent: Tue 8/27/2002 4:03 AM
 To: 'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'
 Subject: Additional questions on non-deterministic content model

 Hallo NG,

 I know, that I have understood the principles of a deterministic content model.
 However, I would be lucky, if someone could explain the following questions, thank you.

 - In the XML-Spec there is a non-normative (Appendix E) and a normative reference concerning
   this problem:
        For compatibility, it is an error if the content model allows an element to match more
        than one occurrence of an element type in the content model.
   Is it correct, that a parser is not required to throw an error, although this reference is normative?

 - Why does the majority of XML Schema parsers throw an error, if a content-model is non-deterministic,
   while DTD parsers donĀ“t ?

 Thank you

 Rainer