From: Prashanth N [mailto:prashanth.swamy@wipro.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 1:35 PM
To: jason@injektilo.org; xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Cc: rajiv.mallik@wipro.com; prashanth.swamy@wipro.com
Subject: Information about enumeration list in XSD

Hi,

I got your mail id's  from lists.w3.org. Basically we are doing a data
transformation from a flat file to an XML file. The XSD for this XML
data has an enumeration list value's namely "A", "C" and "D".

My question is if the flat file passes a data other than "A" or "C" or
"D" (say "B" or "Z" etc.,), will this data gets written into the XML
file ?
In short, will XML handle this ?

Please answer this query. I appreciate your reply.

Regards
Prashanth