Re: validate .xml against .xsd

Try coping the examples from the XSDL primer.  Copy the .xml and .xsd
files onto your local system and then validate the xml with XSV (you may
need to change "schemaLocation" to point to a local file rather than a
URL).  This will show you that XSV does work.

The likely problems are:
mismatches in namespace,
incorrect use of elementFormDefault,
mismatches in schemaLocation.
incorrect use of xmlns="..." (default namespace)
incorrect specification of XSDL namespace
    (should be: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema)
incorrect specification of XSI namespace
    (should be: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance)

Regards,

Ian.

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, Client Services      DecisionSoft Ltd.
Telephone: +44-1865-203192            http://www.decisionsoft.com