Re: Restricting decimals

Mike_Leditschke@nemmco.com.au wrote:

 > I need to constrain a decimal value to have at most
 > two digits on either side of the decimal point,
 >
 > e.g. 22.22
 >
 > If I use totalDigits=4, fractionalDigits=2, this still
 > allows
 >
 > 1234. , 123.4 etc
 >
 > Do I need to resort to a pattern or have I missed the
 > obvious?

It depends if you want to restrict the value or the lexical space.

You can restrict the value space by setting the min and max values and
this should still allow 0000012.34000000000000000 (considered as
equivalent to 12.34).

If you want to work on the lexical space, you don't have any choice
since the patterns are the only facets working on the lexical space ;=)

Hope this helps.

Eric

 > Thanks
 > Michael

 > This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised and
prohibited.  If you have received this document in error, please delete
the email and notify me by return email or by phoning the NEMMCO
Helpdesk on 1300 300 295.

--
See you in Orlando for XML 2001.
                                      http://www.xmlconference.net/xmlusa/