Re: XSV accepting any document element?

Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> writes:
>>
>>I would expect an error (the "fake" element hasn't been defined)
>>rather than a success with a lax validation. Do I miss something?
>>

> The REC explicitly says that lax processing is an allowed processor
> strategy in the absence of a declaration for the root.

I should have guessed it, indeed since the rec is so crystal clear:

"laxly assessed:
an element information item's schema validity may be laxly assessed if
its ·context-determined declaration· is not skip by ·validating· with
respect to the ·ur-type definition· as per Element Locally Valid (Type)
(§3.3.4)"

Thanks,

Eric (suddenly feeling very, very tired)
--
See you in Orlando for XML 2001.
                                     http://www.xmlconference.net/xmlusa/