Re: Restriction of complex types by changing minOccurs

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 16 Nov 2001 11:14:55 +0000
To: Mike_Leditschke@nemmco.com.au
Cc: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, vdv@dyomedea.com, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Mike_Leditschke@nemmco.com.au writes:

> Given your comment on the note, I proceeded to explicitly
> define a base and derived type for Container and
> used these in the corresponding Base and Restricted
> type, but still get the same error.

Your schema looks good to me, and XSV likes it, even the about-to-be
released version which checks restriction more carefully in this
area.  If for example I change xsd:string to xsd:integer in the
definition of RestrictedContainerType, _then_ I get an error.

> The type of the Container element  in the derived type is now a
> restriction of its equivalent  in the base type.

Yes.

So I think you're fine (I didn't understand Eric's comment either :-)