Re: named local complexType definitions?

Holger.Joukl@LBBW.de wrote:

> Hi there,
> somewhere in the mail archive I read that this is not allowed:
> <element name="bla">
>   <complexType name="localName">
> </element>
>
> I. e. you cannot give a name to a complexType definition that is not
> top-level.
> I just tried to find out where exactly the Rec says this is not possible,
> but
> haven´t been able to.

I think the relevant section is [1] which says:

"Complex types definitions are identified by their {name} and {target namespace}. Except for
anonymous complex type definitions (those with no {name}), since type definitions..."

> Could someone please give me a hint?

You're correct. Anonymous types cannot carry name attribtues.

> If this is correct, referencing either by 'ref=..' or by 'type=...' can only point
> to top-level element declarations/type definitions, never to local ones.

Yes.

Cheers,
/Eddie

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Complex_Type_Definition_details