RE: element attributes with non-schema namespace

Dave,

     With respect to the REC language of schema,
which I urge everyone to transition to soon, this is permitted.

     However, a lot of us "early tool cobblers" are
taking short-cuts.  For example, XML Schema Quality Checker
uses Xerces-J to parse the document, and we ask Xerces-J
to validate the document against the DTD for Schemas.
Therefore, Xerces-J may complain about
your attribute and that message might
appear in our output.  It is on my things to do list to
a) switch over to using validation against the Schema for Schemas
b) suppress, or reword, messages that Xerces validator returns
    so they make sense in the context of schema quality checker.

               Thanks,
               Bob

"David E. Cleary" <davec@progress.com>@w3.org on 08/22/2001 08:57:06 AM

Sent by:  xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org