RE: Possible schema validation issue in 3.0b3

Interesting question...

I've looked at both the primer and the (normative) schema for schemas and
DTD for schemas. The first seems to indicate that 'xsd:list' should be used,
but the normative meta-schema and DTD clearly say that it should be 'list'
all by itself.

Maybe someone else can shed some authoritative light on this: if the
schema-namespace is defined with prefix xsd, and we have the following
simpleType definition

	<xsd:simpleType base="PermissionType" derivedBy="?????"/>

should the derivedBy be 'list' (like the meta-schema and DTD say), or should
it be 'xsd:list' (like the primer says)?

Sincerely,

Alexander Falk

... Icon Information-Systems
... ALEXANDER FALK